Saturday 31 December 2011

Further work on the Clematis Designs.




I had a light bulb moment today! Rather than spend more time trying to make a stamp for the stamens of the clematis flower, it occured to me that I could do the reverse technique and make a linocut of the flower and stamens together, so much easier. I then realised that if I was going to try and cut the seed head as a stamp, then it would be well nigh impossible.  However a lino cut version of the seed head should work well. Unfortunately the weather is very hot today and the printing ink dried too quickly to make good prints, but it was worth a try.

2 comments:

dorothypandorasbox said...

Oh what fun you are having there Sue. It's all looking good.

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks Dorothy. I really am having fun with this project. Watch this space for it all to come together very soon! Sue