Thursday 29 December 2011




Having had reasonable success with the dandelion stamp cutting, I decided to tackle something a little more challenging, a native Clematis flower, leaf and seed head. The flower looked pretty straight forward, but it wasn't! First I carved out the 4 petals, easy peasy, but adding the stamens was much more difficult as they are so thin. Using the lovely new carving tools that I bought myself for Christmas I made the first stamp, not so good. I decided then that the image should be made in 2 parts, the petals and then the stamens. The petal carving was simple enough, but how to do the stamens?  Too thin to carve out, but maybe something stuck onto a block would do. I cut up lengths of fine florists wire, but that didn't work very well either. back to the drawing board.

No comments: