Friday 10 February 2012

Gathering More Stuff.

We are fortunate to have two recycle outlets in the area. They stock factory offcuts and all sorts of goodies for art and craft work. I wanted some pieces of Perspex for mounting my hand carved stamps on and I also wanted to get some interesting foam shapes for stamps or stencils as well. A large plastic garbage bag full costs $25, but I made the mistake of carting it around the  factory with me instead of loading it into a trolley and wheeling it around. By picking it up and dragging it around, all the pointy things like the corners of mount-board offcuts tore the plastic and I couldn't fit as much in. Still I did get a fair bit of 'stuff' including the Perspex, some very long heavy duty zippers, foam sheets with different sized holes punched in them (stencils) the mount-board and a huge quantity of coloured paper, balloons, sticky labels and goodies for the junior craft box. I spent a fun hour collecting up the bag full.

3 comments:

dorothypandorasbox said...

Please will you take ME next time you go? :-)
I NEED more 'stuff'

jordi said...

unlike dorothy, I don't NEED another thing, however, I am envious of you scrumbling about in other people's unwanteds. I actually admit to looking at the building discards since I live right next to the recycle room and there are a couple of pieces of "used" furniture and some art supplies that have come to me instead of going out in the trash! I sometimes think "Oh I need XXXX" and it soon appears as a discard...

mycamerandme365 said...

O.K. I promise I'll take you next time Dorothy, as long as you are waiting at the gate when I leave home!

I agree with your philosophy Jordi, you're doing the planet a good service I reckon!

Sue