Sunday 25 November 2012

More Christmas Sewing.

 I needed a small gift for a friend with whom I have a long standing arrangement that each year our gifts are to be hand made and not necessarily particularly useful.
I decided to make a small bag or pouch which could be used to store almost anything, from make-up to CDs.
 Here I have cut out some large purple flowers from a piece of patterned fabric and bonded them to one end of the main fabric.
I have cut some thin wadding and a lining the same size as the main fabric and turned over and stitched one end.
 I satin stitched around the edges of the flowers and then cut them out around the lower edges of the petals.
           The side seams of the body of the bag were stitched and the bag turned right side out.
I finished off the side edges of the bag flap with more satin stitching and added a press stud under the flap. All done!

No comments: