Wednesday 12 March 2014

Waste Not Want Not!

A few months ago I made a 'home-made' Gelli plate with gelatine, glycerine and alcohol as per the recipe doing the rounds at the moment. It worked very well, but suddenly after all our warm weather I suppose, it developed mould, something that surprised me with all the alcohol in the recipe. Anyway, not to waste a possible background picture for something down the track, here is the photo of the mould on the underside of the plate that was resting on a scrap of cardboard. The top also went mouldy in a couple of spots, but not with such interesting colours as this.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I can see why you wanted to keep it - it is very interesting. I will be interested to see how you use such a background.

mycamerandme365 said...

I'll be interested to see what eventuates too Mary!