Saturday 24 May 2014

Back to the Beetles.

 It's time to return to the Beetle project again. One work is finished and framed and I had intended to make 2 or even 3 pieces in similar colour schemes. However, after making a print of my carved beetle stamp, adding gelatine plate printed leaves and other imagery, I'm not sure whether I might go with an orange colour scheme rather than the planned blue one.
This beetle would need stitching and probably more colour to make a contrast to the background, but I have seen live beetles with iridescent blue-green colouring, so it might turn out O.K.
The brown one is very drab, but the surrounding foliage is perhaps more interesting than the blue version.  Decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad I'm not making the decision, they are both great. The leaf prints have turned out well.

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks Mary. I think that I'll go with the blue-green one for the time being. maybe do the orange one as well one day.