Monday 5 May 2014

Making a basket.

 A pile of fabric strips, a dog lead and a ball of thick acrylic yarn makes a useful basket, oh and a few hours of sewing.
                            Wrapping the yarn in strips to make a start, a bit fiddly I found.
 Ooooops, I've spread out the rows a bit much too soon, not worth unpicking though I don't think.
 Looks more like a hat for a huge head rather than a basket. I'd better get the tension of these rows under control!
        Then I forgot to take any photos along the way.  Too keen to keep adding the rows.
 Add a binding to the top and line the basket.   The lining wasn't easy to measure up, but with a paper template I got it right first time!            
An as new dog lead from the Op shop with holes drilled into the ends for sewing makes a couple of good handles. A slightly odd shaped basket, but I can imagine it will be very useful.  Who knows I might even make another now that I know I must watch the tension at the beginning very carefully!

No comments: