Tuesday 15 July 2014

Flower Brooch.

 Reading through one of the Blogs that I follow I was interested in the flower brooches that Gina was making. Here With a gift shop needing to be stocked for a forth coming Embroiderers Guild Exhibition I thought that I might have a go at the brooch. Auditioning fabrics above.
     I wanted colours in the mauve/turquoise/green ranges, so selected from my stash accordingly.
Here the circles of fabric are cut and folded into quarters, but I think that I should have chosen finer fabrics.
                                                Arranging and gathering the flower petals.
 Gina hot glued the button into the centre of the inner petals, but I tried to sew it.  Mistake, I should have known that Gina would have tried and tested the method. I had to use a bit of glue after I had sewed the button to a small circle of felt behind the petals.
 Adding the 2 layers of petals together. The mauve isn't quite so pink in real life so that it blends in better with the other colours.
The brooch backing, but true to form I didn't read the instructions properly!  I should have added a circle of cardboard between the petals and the felt backing to give it a bit more stability. Oh well, it's only a test run..

No comments: