Tuesday 8 July 2014

Some not so Successful Printing.

 I recently went to a local Craft fair and spotted some very finely cut and interesting stencils.  I had a couple of hours set aside to try them out on a gelatine printing plate, but the results were pretty ordinary. The paint was either too wet or mostly too dry and the plate seemed to be too oily so that the paint beaded up all the time. I tried washing the plate with detergent, but I still had problems.
 This was using part of one stencil, which doesn't look much in the original colour scheme, but with a simple Photoshop inversion, I think it looks much more interesting.
                     Likewise, the print below in the original colours, with all the bubbles and spots.
                    Then the inversion, which looks to me like some very special rust dyeing!
 

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are really getting into that Photoshop. I'll definitely have to give it a go soon. I saw some lovely printed fabrics that had been made into quilts at the Craft and Quilt show recently, gave me the feeling that I could finally think of a use for my printing.

mycamerandme365 said...

If you haven't used Photoshop before Mary, then I would recommend Photoshop Elements, far cheaper and easier to use.