Tuesday 5 August 2014

Galahs.

 These little foot prints on the beach were obviously made by webbed feet, so they couldn't possibly belong to these birds below that I saw in the grass up beyond the tide line.
     I've never seen Galahs on the beach before, in fact I've never seen them on the coast at all.
 They were very busy eating something, and since they are parrots I guess it must be seeds of some sort.
After they had flown away I couldn't even see what seeds they were harvesting. A lovely sight to see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
That was fun. We don't have those here, at least in the wild.

mycamerandme365 said...

No you wouldn't have them in the wild Dorothy, they are a parrot that is native to Australia, but being such pretty birds I'm sure that they are sold as pets and live in zoos etc.in the U.K