Tuesday 30 December 2014

Shivery Grass.

 I don't know what you called this grass when you were a child, but we often called it Shivery Grass because of the shivery little seed heads. I recently came across a lot of very large heads and decided to press them for future reference. Today I took them out of the press and I was struck by how like trees the heads were, rather like Eucalypt trees with their sparse foliage.

I photographed and scanned all the different heads of grass and made them into Photoshop brushes which I played around with and came up with a couple of fun ways of using them.

                                    I'm going to have fun playing around with these images!

1 comment:

Mary said...

After yesterday's weather, that middle one looks perfect to start a bushfire! But they are amazing images, I love them.