Thursday 12 February 2015

Another Project.


Although I'm still working on the spiral theme, I also wanted to use up some old lino that I had from previous attempts at lino-cutting. I had found that I preferred to use the soft rubber for ease of cutting, but as I had several bits of old lino sitting around, and because I needed an image of something using 'T' I decided to carve a sprig of T-Tree.  I had a clear photo that I had taken some years ago, so this is the progress I made. Unfortunately the lino is a bit old, hard and brittle, but it's not too bad.


There are several slips of the cutting tools evident, but I might still be able to use the plate.
I had to make the petals of the flowers 'hollow' so that they didn't end up a solid colour when printing, and that was a challenge with the old hard lino.
I still have to work out how to edge the image, but I'm quite pleased with progress so far.
I will have to ink in the stamens after printing, as that really would be impossible to carve with this old lino.
The first print, below is better than I had expected!









No comments: