Monday 6 April 2015

At Last!

 I have often walked past the block that this old house is on and been fascinated by it.  From the road you can't see it at all and until yesterday's walk I had never been able to get onto the site to see what the house looked like.
 This time I found that someone had flattened the gates onto the street, so access was unrestricted, although of course it is private property and I shouldn't have been snooping about.  All I wanted to do was to take photos, so I matched right in................quietly!
It was probably built in the 1930s and would have been lovely in it's heyday. The diamond panes and semi circular design of this bay window are lovely, even when so derelict.
 
 The front veranda  has a couple of pairs of shoes/boots in the corners beside the door and the old furniture for taking tea on the veranda is all still there, probably homes for mice and rats by now.

                 I loved the design of this old wooden screen door at the back of the house.
                                                    I'll show you the 'garden' tomorrow.

No comments: