Friday 22 January 2016

Wings.

 
I managed to scan a rather old and brittle cicada wing with the idea of using it to make prints from. 
By the time I had deleted ragged bits and cleaned it up it looked O.K. but lacking in texture.
 Here I've rolled over it on a gelatine plate with a brayer, giving more texture, but not quite what I was looking for.
By the time I had rolled over the wing a few times it had broken up and I didn't like the brayer marks which appeared because I had to press down a bit to get the wing impression.
Maybe another technique will give a better result.
          The Photoshop Invert command produces images that remind me very much of fossils.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I like your third image, and I can see what you mean about fossils. The top image looks like a drawing. I like it too.