Friday 15 April 2016

Moving Right Along.

 Here I've cut the middle out of a stretched canvas panel and painted it black. The strips are narrow bias binding fused to a slightly wider ribbon to give the black strips a white edging. A lot of trial and error here, as the bias was supposed to be self fusing, but to a slightly shiny ribbon, it wasn't. In the end I had to cut strips of  fusible webbing, iron onto the black binding and then try to line it up accurately with the ribbon in order just to show a white edging. Tricky!
This is the first trial of a head of small flowers.  I stitched randomly onto a piece of silk fibre, then used a programmed stitch on my trusty old Pfaff work horse machine. With a variegated thread I sewed lots of flowers onto the  silk which was sandwiched between soluble fabric. Once washed away I have a passable massed flower head. I'm not sure about the colour though.

No comments: