Tuesday 13 February 2018

Registration.

 I carved this beetle during the week, intending to have the markings in black and the beetle in red or perhaps yellow.
 Easier said than done when working with stamps. It's not like a lino cut where the registration can easily be fixed, or at least I can't quite see how to do it with stamps, particularly as I don't think that I was careful enough to make the 2 stamps fit together exactly. Here above is a page of test prints, none of which line up correctly.
             Showing the 2 stamps, the beetle outline and the separate stamps for the markings.
     This is the closest that I came to an accurate placement. Not nearly good enough! Maybe I should cut the head of the markings stamp from the rest of the body and print them separately.

No comments: